Feature request: Ability to change the color of the folder icon in the favorites bar

Brass Contributor

I find the folder icon color (yellow) to be visually distracting and prefer Chrome's grey color.  It would be nice if this color was customizable based on user preference.  

I submitted this request via Submit Feedback as well.

Thanks!

7 Replies
Since you submit it through the feedback option, the Microsoft Edge team will review it. I am wondering what are you preferences? Is it like set of few colors like ten different colors or range of colors where user might be able to select?

@Reza_Ameri my preference would be an option to change it to something similar to Chrome which I prefer.  I find that the yellow color in Edge unnecessary and visually unappealing. 

Thank you for sharing this, let see what other community members have to say.
@Reza_Ameri Even though I have switched to mac but I am still continuing with Microsoft edge because I simply love it. I would definitely like to have the flexibility to change the colours of the icons in the bookmark bar.
Make sure share it using the feedback option too.
I completely agree and would LOVE this change. Additionally, if all links in a folder are from the same website, I'd like to be able to keep the website icon instead of automatically switching to a folder icon (esp when the folder is yellow). It helps me distinguish the individual favorites folders I have for each site, and is so much more visually appealing than the yellow folder which gives a very 90s design vibe to the browser app.
Yeah, please give us a great "black theme" option. Firefox has it. I don't like yellow color folders either.