Feature parity with Find on Page

Iron Contributor

The "Find on Page" feature in the "legacy" Edge have the really usefull options: "Match whole word" and "Match case" which, as the names suggest, enable as to find on a page for a whole word and/or make a case-sensitive find.

The Find on Page in the new Chromium-based Edge lacks these options and we really need these to be implemented

8 Replies
Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure that the search team is aware of this suggestion.

@Elliot Kirk 

In addition, I would like the find on page box to be under the favorites bar as in Edge Legacy, rather than covering the favorites bar.

@leonidev Find on page in legacy edge works across all tabs without having to manually select the option after switching tabs. It stays there and tab switching does not affect it in an way.

Find on page in new edge simply disappears after you go to another tab. You need to find it in 3 dot menu again and click on it -Same thing with extra time and clicks. If you have thirty tabs open and you are researching a particular topic, it is a pain in the neck to do so. On projects of larger scale, it is simply unviable in new edge.

Any news on this? It is much needed! 🥺
Any news on this? It has been requested since 2015 by many users... Those two search options are available everywhere except for OneNote. They are really essential in order to use OneNote effectively.
I often would like the find on page to persist when switching tabs, but I have also found the current behavior where find on page is per tab useful sometimes. So I think the best solution would be to have a pin button to make it persist across tabs, but keep the current behavior if that's not selected.

@Elliot Kirk 

I second all of the above, we urgently need a better Search / "Find on Page" feature to enhance search especially for business, educational and scientific purposes.

This would also put Edge ahead of Chrome for everyone relying on this feature and encourage Firefox users to switch, because FF offers all of these advanced options.

Honestly the very rudimentary search function is the main reason that keeps me and many others working in a professional environment away from switching to Edge. 
So please pass this feature request to the developer team.

To sum it up, here's what we'd like to see:

• add option for case-sensitive / whole word finds (as @leonidev suggested)
  • ability to pin the find box so it is available on all tabs (like @MarinM mentioned)
  • on top create a fly-out that lists all finds on a page (like the Bing-search fly-out) so it would be easier to switch between finds on larger pages and pdf documents

Thanks in advance and best regards
Vicki

I have been finding with the new Edge (Version 105.0.1343.27 (Official build) (64-bit)) "Find On Page" the text that I am searching for changes.
I use CRTL-F, type in the text I'm looking for. Next time I use it the text that I had previously searched for has been changed to something other than what I typed in. (Example, use Find to search for an individual's name then I copy their ID number. Next time I use Find sometimes the ID number will then be in the Find On Page field, sometimes it is something random, like a date.)
If this is a feature of the new Edge perhaps there could be an option to turn what-ever-it-is off.