Feature in Respect of IE

Iron Contributor

Respect the IE

The tabs of IE split up in the taskbar preview.

It think it is a amazing feature. It gives the ability to preview tabs. Hopefully it gets ported to the Edge

clipboard_image_1.png

But not in Alt-Tab or Task View

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_2.png

Please reply which is better from the following (Top- Edge Legacy, bottom- good old IE)

@HotCakeX @Elliot Kirk @Drew1903  

clipboard_image_3.png

11 Replies
Tab preview on top of the tabs, like Edge classic, looks nice but the ability to view all the open tabs on the taskbar is not good because when that feature was introduced in IE, the average open tabs were 3, now it's 20.
20 tabs in the taskbar, specially on laptops and tablets, create a huge mess.

@HotCakeX Yes you are right but I rarely open more than 6-7 tabs.

So it's best to acquire this feature using extensions.
Microsoft switched from EdgeHTML to Chromium mostly because of extension support, we should use this power that is available to us :)

@HotCakeX 

clipboard_image_0.png

Windows 10 become intelligent after 10 tabs.:beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Oh i got an idea,
so what if we would get big tab previews in task bar (like Edge classic) when the number of open tabs are less than 5, and after they go higher than 5, they will no longer show thumbnail and only show the title of the tabs in a vertical style, like in your screenshot above

@HotCakeX Yup

Moreover it will be easier to implement

Yeah I think so

@Maan2003 Thanks for the feedback, we'll make note of it.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Maan2003 

"Please reply which is better from the following (Top- Edge Legacy, bottom- good old IE)"

My preference is Edge. As indicated by the fact that I have let IE enjoy being put out to pasture & used Edge ever since it arrived.

Cheers,
Drew

Edge classic would have been my number one choice too only if it supported Chromium extensions, then i could easily look the other way for some of the EdgeHTML incompatibilities that used to happen time to time.
fortunately the new Edge fixed all of them :)