Favourites not syncing anymore?

Iron Contributor

I'm just wondering if more people are experiencing the same issue. Any new machine/VM I deploy with my Office 365 account is not syncing my favourites on stable, beta and dev channels. I'm wondering if this is a Microsoft issue, on me daily workstation the favourites are still there, but I don't know if there is a "web interface" where I can check if they are indeed still being synced to MS or if there was a problem somewhere.

No errors anywhere, simply favourites are not syncing to new machines, and possibly other things as well which I have not tried yet

13 Replies
Hi,
which office 365 subscription do you have?

@HotCakeX Office 365 Business Premium

I think you need a higher tier which has Enterprise State Roaming

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/devices/enterprise-state-roaming-enable

@HotCakeX Hmm, I was not aware it needed Azure AD premium for that. That explains it as I was using Microsoft 365 and then decided to move to Office 365 as I'm testing some stuff on my own tenant to see how it goes walking backwards from having intune to not having it. I'm glad I'm finding those issues before the customer does :)

I guess an alternative would be to simply use a regular personal Microsoft account for that then to sync bookmarks?

Yes, a free Microsoft account or keep your Office 365 business premium and Add an Azure Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) license to it. whichever works best for you :)

MS shows in their FAQ that all AAD accounts will have sync capability in a future release, rather than just premium AD accounts.  Is there any update in regards to an ETA for this functionality that anyone can share?  For Office 365 Business users this would help us move them to Edge with the benefit of a synced work profile.

That's a great news, thank you, unfortunately I don't know when it's going to come but I hope someone from Edge Sync team can shed some light on it

@HotCakeX sync team here on this forum as well?

Yeah they are Microsoft Employees and they visit this community some times
Can I add my 2p worth?

I have Office 365 E3 and EMS E3, and my Edge does not sync favourites?

Should it be a different version of either?
You have Enterprise state roaming enabled?

@HotCakeX It is now. Thank you :lol:

Nice :)