favourites / favorites not synchronising

Iron Contributor

I've started noticing this a few days ago, but suddenly it seems my favourites are not syncing anymore and I was woindering if anyone has noticed the same issue as it seems a bit strange. 3 different computers all with the same issue using a regular Microsoft account (not O365). I'm using Version 84.0.488.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

8 Replies

@AlexB We're sorry to hear that! Did our recent update resolve that? If not, feel free to submit feedback if you haven't yet. However, you are also welcome to try some individual troubleshooting.

If you go to "edge://sync-internals/", you will find a little table in the bottom right corner, and should see something like this: 

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted I did a few more tests across some VMs that I created and I noticed sometimes there is a long delay with sync, and at other times is sync pretty fast. Are you folks suffering from same infrastructure constraints as with Teams/Azure?

Did you put a screen shot here? It did't show up

@AlexB Not to my knowledge, but I will check-in with the team and make sure there isn't anything else that could be affecting those sync times.

Yes, my apologies! Can you see it now?

favorites sync.jpg

Fawkes (they/them)

@AlexB Just chatted with the team again. They said that there's a notification bug that could potentially be causing those variations in performance, and that should be fixed soon.

To confirm, did you submit feedback for this yet? If not, they said they'd appreciate it.

Fawkes (they/them)

• @Deleted 

@Deleted feedback was sent already, it was more to check if other people were also noticing it. The sync was taking a long time to reflect changes, eventually it got a bit quicker. I'll try to test again across different devices to reproduce the problem

@alexander1240, to confirm, was there something else that you wanted to include in your post? We want to make sure we aren't missing anything.

Fawkes (they/them)

@AlexB Good to know! Yes, please let us know if this repros in specific environments.

Fawkes (they/them)