favourites changes do not save

Copper Contributor

I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date.

I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an “Other favourites “ folder.

The functionality of the new “Manage favourites” seems OK until I make changes, such as new folders or moving URLs between folders, they are saved whilst the browser is open but not saved disappearing when the browser is closed then reopened, even within a few seconds. Waiting longer for system settling or a system reboot makes no difference.

I have also tried editing the folders and contents from within the old “Other favourites” drop down menu, these changes are only saved whilst the browser is open.

I also tried copy and pasting the “Other favourites folders into the “Manage favourites, Favourites bar” but that is inoperable.

Could there be conflict with previous versions of edge, I still have two entries in Apps and Features, namely; Microsoft Edge 18/08//2020 and Microsoft Edge Update 05/08/2020.

I am a little mindful as to why an update appears as an app or feature and also that the update predates the app, odd or nothing to worry about?

I have searched extensively on the internet for a cure or a repair option but nothing works, Have also sent feedback to the The Microsoft Edge Team

I can’t even do a complete re-download of Edge Chrome in case there is a file corruption. When I open this site I get;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4501095/download-the-new-microsoft-edge-based-on-chromium

and click on the “Get the new Microsoft Edge now” button all I get is;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge?form=MA13DE&OCID=MA13DE

and tells me I am already browsing in edge. Clever eh, but an itsy bit seems broken!

I have favourite backups just in case

Please Help!

3 Replies

@Whatsisname 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Microsoft Edge Insider Discussion space - please post Edge questions here in the future. 

@Whatsisname Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the MSFT Edge Insider community! A couple of questions for you:

1. What channel(s) and version(s) of the browser are you using?
  2. Have you tried this on any other devices?
  3. If you haven't yet, can you please submit feedback through the browser? (Shift+Alt+I or "..." menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback)

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Eric Starker My apology and thank you for sending me to the correct place