Favorites menu

Bronze Contributor

Hello

Since the last version of Edge Canary, the Favorites menu is much wider (and added the option to remove duplicate favorites)
It's really ugly

Capture.PNG

Possible to reduce this "width" (have like before) ?

Thanks

8 Replies

@tistou We're sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know. I'm passing this on to the Favorites team.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted 

Thanks for your help

@Deleted 

Hello

News of this request ?

Thanks

@tistou Thanks for following-up. I don't have direct insight into the Favorites team's detailed roadmap, but I do know that they are currently prioritizing the most impactful areas, like ensuring sync works smoothly. However, I did pass this directly onto them, so they've seen your request!

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted 

Ok thanks for your feedback
It's always nice to have news

There is another suggestion that has been validated for 6 months, but still nothing, I had asked where it was.
Maybe the Favorites team didn't see it

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/edge-favorites-menu/m-p/1236312

@tistou Sure thing, I'm happy to provide insights when possible.

And regarding that feature request: I looked at the post, but didn't understand the full context around that screenshot. Can you please provide more information or reiterate what your suggestion was? That'll help me look into it.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted 

Thanks

For the request of the other topic, it was asked to have the Favorites menu as with IE (or the old Edge I believe)
When we have favorites in a folder, that the favorites opens below the favorites already visible, and not in a column to column next to it (as it is now)

I received an email in November 2019 stating that this "request" was validated and would be implemented in Edge (or something like that)
And still nothing since

But this "feature" will only be possible when the width of the Favorites menu is reduced, request of this topic (as it was before)

Thanks

@tistou Understood, thank you for the elaboration. While I cannot speak to a specific email from 11/19 (that was before I joined the team,) I can confirm that I've specifically talked to our Collections team about users wanting this feature. I currently don't have any updates about if/when a reconfiguration would be formally considered or implemented, but the team has heard the feedback.

That being said, if you haven't yet, you can send in feedback to "+1" this for them; lots of people sending in feedback does make a difference!

Fawkes (they/them)