Favorites icon on the toolbar

Copper Contributor

When we drag a link to the favorites button on the toolbar, the menu should expand to let users add that link to favorite. As of now, drag link to add to favorites only works with the favorites bar, that's the reason why even though i prefer a clean ui, I decide turn off the favorites button and make the favorites bar always visible because it's way more convenient to drag links to add to favorites

7 Replies

@dangtahuu 

Hi,

What do you think about the Favorites button on the Edge insider toolbar?

you can access favorites without taking screen space by not always showing bookmarks bar

Annotation 2019-10-17 113756.png

Annotation 2019-10-17 113826.png

@HotCakeX the favorites button on the toolbar is a cool idea. but as i've said, much as i love a clean UI, i still turn it off and make the favorites bar always visible because we can drag a link to the favorites bar to add it to favorites while we cant do so with the favorites button on the toolbar. When we drag a link to the favorites button on the toolbar, the page is refreshed with that link. 

Screenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).png

Well what's wrong with the normal way? you know, the star icon on the right side of the Omnibox (address bar) ?

@HotCakeX it's more intuitive to drag and drop. Also here's how the normal way works. you MUST OPEN a website and click the star icon to add to favorites. while if you have the the favorites bar visible, you can drag and drop any link on a page to add it to favorites without having to open the link. It's more convenient so that's why i suggest that the favorites button on the toolbar support drag and drop, otherwise i find it pretty useless

see the picture. you dont need to open the link to add it to favorites. you just need to drag and drop. 

Screenshot (9).png

Well not a problem I can relate to but I support the idea of being able to relocate all the buttons and icons on the browser toolbar (of course not the back/forward/refresh/ellipsis menu buttons)

@HotCakeX i dont say I would like to be able to relocate the orders of icon on the toolbar. The only thing I want is if you drag a link to the favorites button on the toolbar, it should be added to favorites. That's it!

Yes..right, currently it doesn't open when I drag links over it, it must be opened.