Favorites folder Bug in latest Edge Canary Version 81.0.393.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

MVP

gdfgfdg.png

This is how the favorite folder located on the far right corner of the favorites bar looks like when I open it.

Version 81.0.393.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

as you can see everything is compact, the full name is not shown.

7 Replies

@HotCakeX 

Interesting...  This is how it looks for me... 

Annotation 2020-01-14 172418.jpg

Not sure why that "Other Favorites" folder is there either..   Updated and poof, there it was.. Can't seem to get rid of it either.....   Can not move it, can not hide it, Nothing.. 

Dennis5mile

Well you can easily get rid of it by emptying it.
I don't have other favorites folder, one of the normal folders on the favorites bar is located at the right side instead

@HotCakeX We appreciate the heads-up. If you haven't already tried, does the same thing happen on other Edge channels and different devices/screen resolutions/zoom levels?

Thanks

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

It happens on different resolutions. zoom levels have no effect on the Edge toolbar.
If i drag and drop the same favorites folder from the right corner to the middle of the favorites bar then it opens normally with the correct size. the problem only happens when that favorites folder is put at the far right side of the favorites bar.
it's like it can't expand to the left. it needs to expand to the left because obviously a favorites folder located at the right corner of the favorites bar can't be expanded to the right side anymore because that's the end of the screen.

@HotCakeX Got it, thanks for confirming those details! I'll pass this onto the team for them to look into.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Just wanted to mention that it's also happening on Version 79.0.309.65 (Official build) (64-bit) which is stable.
I'm using Windows 10 insider fast ring build 19546 (recently fresh installed), i think it has something to do with that