favorites bar

Copper Contributor

How do I turn off the favorites bar on a new tab on edge dev preview?I have tried ctrl-shift-B but it still does not turn off.

11 Replies
The Dev build has only the setting on / off. On the latest Canry build there are three options for the favorites bar: Always, Never, and Only on New Tabs. These options will likely show up in the next Dev channel update.

@Elliot Kirk Looking forward to the "Never" option for Edge's bookmarks bar. I haven't used bookmarks since Yahoo's web index was the best "search engine." ;) For years in Chrome I had one or two bookmarks from times I accidentally clicked the star. Every once in a while I bother to delete them and then ugh, that message about importing favorites comes back! Look, message, it's not lack of knowing about importing favorites that causes me to not have bookmarks!

I'd heard Chrome 75 would also have this option to completely hide the bar. Just in time for Edge. :)

@Elliot Kirk I've also turned it off with the on/ off button but on the new tab page it still shows up.I really hate the favourites bar.Grr!

I didn't try the keyboard shortcuts, just used the menu.  Selected "Never".  It's never returned on any of the available layouts. Try it one more time? @cliff1455 

@missionaryyeah it shuts off the favorites bar on all pages but the new tab page.

I kept reading further about your issue and found this. Look at the 3rd response from Cameron.  Got me thinking about the three development channels available when we began. I chose Canary.  Maybe that's the difference?  @cliff1455 

@missionary could be because I'm on the dev channel.

Keep in mind, only Canary has Never & the other 2 choices. Right now, Dev has show or not & it doesn't affect New Tab... will be there, stay there, even if set to not show, New Tab page is exceptional. Cheers, Drew

Cliff,

In Dev you can't, at least, not yet.  It is doable in Canary, now.  This ⬇ is Canary...

FBC.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

This is now available with the lastest update to Edge Dev.....

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile 

Ah, Dennis, the sweet smell of progress :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg