SOLVED

Favorites Bar Sync Issue

Deleted
Not applicable
I'm now with Canary 78.0.257.0 in two computers, but this issue was occurring in the last builds too.

I noticed this bizarre behavior: when I have the 2 browsers opened in those computers if I add or delete an item (page) in the Favorites Bar the item is immediately added or deleted in the other browser, and vice-versa.

But, if I close browser 1, and add or delete items in the Favorites Bar in the browser 2, then close browser 2 and open browser 1, the Favorites Bar isn't updated/synchronized in browser 1 (remember that is one browser in on PC and the other in another PC).

Even when I open the two browsers again at the same time, the Favorites Bar isn't updated/synchronized. It will only be updated if I open the two browsers at the same time and then add or delete another item, then the items that I previously added or deleted are synchronized correctly in the 2 browsers.

The only difference between the browsers is that one is displayed in English and the other is displayed in Brazilian Portuguese.
4 Replies

No one else had this same problem?

@Deleted 

Hello:

I did not have that problem, but I did have problems with the synchronization of favorites.

It has been a long time since I stopped synchronizing them because when I made changes on one pc and left the favorites optimally for me, the next day on another pc, all the links (absolutely all) were duplicated.

These days I wanted to test if they had already solved the problem, but now I find the problem that edge chromiun does not allow synchronizing the favorites.

a greeting

---------------

Español - Spanish

Hola:

Ese problema no lo tuve, pero si tuve problemas con la sincronizacion de favoritos.

Hace tiempo que deje de sincronizarlos porque cuando hacia cambios en un pc y dejaba los favoritos de forma optima para mi, al dia siguiente en otro pc, se duplicaban todos los enlaces (absolutamente todos).

Estos dias quise probar si ya habian resuelto el problema, pero ahora me encuentro con el problema de que edge chromiun no deja sincronizar los favoritos.

Un saludo

best response
Solution

@Deleted I'm having sync issues as well with favorites. Double favorites across 4 machines. I decided to setup the favorites the way I want them on PC 1 then log out of my profile (in Edge) on PC 2, 3, and 4. You will get prompted to clear all favorites from the PC. Select YES. Then sign in to edge on PC 2, 3, 4. Within a few minutes the sync'd favorites from PC 1 populate. 

I have more testing to do to see what happens if I add a favorite on PC1 while the browser is Open or Closed on PC 2, 3, and 4.

Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted I'm having sync issues as well with favorites. Double favorites across 4 machines. I decided to setup the favorites the way I want them on PC 1 then log out of my profile (in Edge) on PC 2, 3, and 4. You will get prompted to clear all favorites from the PC. Select YES. Then sign in to edge on PC 2, 3, 4. Within a few minutes the sync'd favorites from PC 1 populate. 

I have more testing to do to see what happens if I add a favorite on PC1 while the browser is Open or Closed on PC 2, 3, and 4.

View solution in original post