Favorite Bar takes longer time to load

Copper Contributor

Every time when I launch Edge, it takes a moment for the Favorites Bar to load on it.
I thought it would go away, but never did. It started to annoy me as it takes longer and longer to load the favorites bar after every update.

3 Replies

@Prajith Gomez 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider Community Hub!

Can you tell that which version of Microsoft Edge are you using and is it the Chromium or the Legacy one?

If its the Chromium one, I would recommend you to send the feedback through the in-app feedback tool (Alt+Shift+I) in Microsoft Edge with the diagnostics attached which will help the Edge Dev team to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

If its the legacy one, I would recommend you to upgrade to the new version of Microsoft Edge which runs on the Chromium engine, is faster than Edge Legacy and has many new features like collections, PWA, etc. which you would like to use but note that you will lose some features like tab preview, inking of web pages, etc. till they will come in the new version in the near future.

You can download the new version of Microsoft Edge right now from here. 

TheShaunSaw,
I saw this reply few moments ago. Happy to say, at least the first time I went to load favorites, it came up very quick. Hoping contiunes. But appreciate the link to the newer Chromuim Edge.
vin7mick
Glad it helped you :)