Fav Sorting

Silver Contributor

Sharing this after seeing some talk (here) about sorting Favorites.  Some lists (traditionally) have, via Rt Clk, Sort by name.  That is not here, in Edge C.  Which, brings me to this... I  (newly) saved a site, hairglove.com, to the Favorites Bar. It put itself in alphabetical order.  Mind you, I did Edit the URL to Hair Glove & saved it, as such.  But, WAS, indeed, sorting alphanumerically.  Lists that do have Sort by name, a new item will be @ the bottom, until & unless one hits Sort by name.  This went where it should without that; immediately plopped itself in the right order.  Ergo, if one is ok with an ABCs approach, it gives/does that.

FBSort.jpg

I decided to include this shot, also, of Fav Management.  The interesting part is the icon on its tab is the same as the one we have on Edge, now, that people want to have stay where it is.  Hmmm :smirking_face:

Fav Mgt.jpg

I have some URLs in the Links toolbar; used it for years since could hide Fav Bar with it & open sites from it without having the browser open, 1st. That, only, populates via IE's Fav Bar.  But, URLs, already, there will open to the default browser, be it Edge, Edge Dev, Edge Canary or whatever.  Meaning, hairglove did not show in Links.  I know, silly, but, it just works both directions with IE :face_with_rolling_eyes:.  It's from way back for IE stuff & never carried (sync'd) beyond that; its compatibility was gone with Win10*.  It's just a wee chuckle that it'll, still, open from there, yet, cannot add to it, anymore LOL.

* At Win10, in a sense, attention, concern, interest towards IE was gone, for most environments.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

2 Replies

@Drew1903 

This is some great input and I will make sure it gets where it will do some good.

Gabriel

Cool, good to know. Thanks.

Cheers,
Drew