Facebook rendering problem

Brass Contributor

I think using the word 'render' is correct. It's interpreting the code incorrectly or maybe it's an error on FB's behalf. I just wanted to mention it just in case it's on the Edge Dev end. I'm using Version 77.0.197.1 on Windows 10 with all available updates.

We're all familiar with Facebook. It's three vertical columns. The largest in the middle containing the news feed. On my SurfaceBook, I use the touchpad to scroll up and down. No problems there. However, when I use two fingers to scroll horizontally, it gets weird. It actually scrolls the middle column over to almost completely cover the left column. Then I can scroll back the other way and it goes back to its natural position.

See attachment. Notice how it almost covers the left column and see the scroll bar at the bottom. The image is at 100% magnification. It does the same at 90% and 80%. The higher the magnification, the farther over it goes. For instance, 80% moves over just a little, 90% moves over a bit more and 100% even further (see attachment).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does this even make sense? (Ignore the blocked out stuff. I had to remove some things for privacy reasons.)

2 Replies

@ArkansasBen77 

Are you still having issues with Facebook as of Dev Version 77.0.223.0?

Thanks,

Frank

@V-FRROME 

Yes. I'm unsure if you would call it an issue, but it can still happen is you scroll horizontally. It also happens on LinkedIn. Maybe it's just the way the feed is created in the middle column? Not sure at all.

Any insight on what the issue is? Is it the way Edge renders it or is it on FB's end? Can you go into detail?