SOLVED

Facebook not auto-scroll

Brass Contributor

When I scroll down my Facebook, it reaches the page end with button "More posts". Is this a feature or regression?

40 Replies

@vuongbui I have the same issue! Anyone any idea how to fix this? Maybe there's a flag that can be changed to fix this for now?

ive got the same problem ,i dont think its a feature , 80% of the time the More button doesnt even work right .@krisbogdanov 

best response confirmed by Elliot Kirk (Microsoft)
Solution

Thank you @vuongbui for alerting us to this issue.  I have gone ahead and filed a bug on this issue.

Elliot

Pretty sure it is a bug. I reported it as well.

Having the same issue on both Dev and Canary branches.

same here

Same here. It shows a varying number of posts, before stopping. Sometimes a few, sometimes more. Right now, it doesn't even show the 'More posts' button. It shows zero posts and (therefore?) thinks I'm just starting out using Facebook. :p

2019-04-13 15_39_57-Facebook - Microsoft Edge.png

@vuongbui    I also noticed as the very a problem. Thanks for letting them know. Hopefully it will be fixed.

@vuongbui Yep also having the same issue in 75.0.1072.PNG

I have exactly the same  "More posts" issue.

I've also noticed that when clicking "More posts" the next article often appears to load, but disappears when I move the cursor away leaving the "More posts" notice.

Also when it does work an article briefly loads before being replaced with another. The first article then doesn't seem to appear in my newsfeed...

Thanks for trying Edge. This issue was a regression in upstream Chromium which appeared in Chromium 74. We pointed to the bug on Tuesday, and the fix went into Chromium yesterday. It should appear in Edge Canary shortly. (The fix was to a bug in the IntersectionObserver API, if you're curious).
i hope it will be fixed soon, as it's too frustrating

@vuongbui -- I reported the same problem last week. Let's hope it's fixed soon.

I have the same issue.  I noticed a couple days ago and wanted to rule out a FB/ Network/Laptop issue.  I can confirm that it only happens with the new version of Edge and it happens very consitantly.

*consistantly

and I don't seem to have any spellcheck enabled...

edge Version 75.0.131.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit) still same issue 

I have Version 75.0.134.0 and its still does not work on facebook. And I still need to press More posts.

@Primestar 

Version 75.0.131.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit) still sticking on "More posts". Is there a way to force update to 75.0.134.0?

Also spell-check not working, nor able to change in "Settings".

@IskRat 

I use Microsoft Edge Canary so I get 1 update each day. So you need to wait like 2 weeks on dev build to get newer version.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Elliot Kirk (Microsoft)
Solution

Thank you @vuongbui for alerting us to this issue.  I have gone ahead and filed a bug on this issue.

Elliot

View solution in original post