F11 Fullscreen Improvements + Other Similar Improvements

Brass Contributor

Suggestion 1:

When I full screen Edge C while on the new tab the favorites bar is still there and the spacing looks very strange because the favorites are too close to the bottom of the bar. I'm not sure if the favorites bar is supposed to be there or this is just a bug. I am guessing that it is supposed to be there because Chrome also has bookmarks bar still visible in full screen mode. I would like to suggest an option to not show favorites bar in full screen mode, and a fix to the favorites bar spacing.

Screenshot:

Screenshot.PNG

Suggestion 2:

I also don't like the Chrome style exit button in full screen. This is the one I am talking about:

Image result for chrome full screen exit button

I would much rather have something similar to the old Edge where it pulls down the entire address bar and title bar because it is so much more useful and I can stay in full screen while getting more options.

Suggestion 3:

There isn't any browser that I know of that has an option to hide the address bar, title bar and such without being in full screen mode. I like to have a web page up in one quarter of my screen and two other apps in the other 3/4 my screen. Right now, the browser address and title bars take up a lot of that 1/4 screen space. If there was an option to hide the title/address bar without entering full screen, I would be very happy.

Thanks devs!

Sam Bradley

13 Replies

@Sam_Bradley 

Had to come to check out your feedback also.

I have almost the same answer with "gestures and possible tab features for fullscreen are being looked into for future builds". 

Thanks for the new feedback about the browsers ribbon or address bar, and exit method.

Thanks,

Frank

I agree wholeheartedly @Sam_Bradley 

Glad that someone agrees.

@Sam_Bradley 
For the 3 suggestion are you thinking something like what browsers do on mobile where the top and bottom bars hide on scroll? Because if so this would be a great option to have - probably not something that they think of adding for a long time however... :\

perhaps… I just wish that chromium would revert to the way 'apps' used to work. You could create an 'app' version of a website that would be windowed, and there would be no visible address bar. It was like 'full screen' only windowed. It used to work some time back, but changed with that goofy white persistent bar at the top now. I, like you, often split my screen. I just like to put my online TV or Amazon Prime video on while I am grading papers (teacher here). At my desk I use multiple monitors, but when I am at the school library or other site, I only have my laptop screen. I don't want the address bar to use up my valuable screen realestate.@thatpitter 

@SenorSopa On Edge Insider you can still create an app out of any web page by going to Menu > Apps > Install this Site as an App. Is this what you’re thinking of? I know that there is usually still a bar at the top, but there is no tabUI or search bar. And - if the website is a PWA, then that off colored bar goes away entirely :p Not sure if that helps or if it is what your thinking of (sorry if it isn’t :\ ) but yeah that bar on non-PWA apps can get kind of annoying, I do hope they have an option on maybe hiding it and having the web page take up the entire window, but that might also cause problems with dragging said window around…

@thatpitter 

I like that I can create an app with the web page, but there is still that bar at the top. It is a lot better than the normal browser address bar though. It would still be nice if there was an option to hide the bar in windowed mode though. A nice spot for it would be the menu next to the minimize button.

YT App.jpg

@SenorSopa 

Thanks for being a teacher.

Thank you. This is much better! - Still have the goofy circle x that's impossible to click on, but it LOOKS like it should... Actual full screen.
You're welcome ^^
yeah there are some problems with it but should be fixed in future updates ;)

I'd like to add that when in full screen, moving to a second monitor should allow the header to hide.

At the moment I'm watching a conference (via Edge) in the bottom monitor, full screen. Moving to my main top monitor brings up the tabs/addressbar/favs bar, and there is no way to hide it without mousing back into the lower screen.

alastc_0-1605624918147.png