Extensions toolbar menu stopped working?

Copper Contributor

Has anyone else had their extensions toolbar menu stop working in the last week or so? I think it happened a couple of updates ago. I've searched and not been able to find any mention of problems.

I'm currently using the latest version, 80.0.334.3.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Don

10 Replies

Hi there @ddwashbu 

from your Edge version it looks like you're using Dev channel, I'm using Canary channel Version 80.0.344.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) and it's working fine

Annotation 2019-11-26 155708.png

follow this guide again

also a reminder that if you add "--enable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu" to the Edge insider shortcut on the desktop, you will have to launch Edge from that same shortcut again to see the extension toolbar. if you try to launch Edge from the old taskbar shortcut, it won't work.

Thanks for responding. There must be a ghost in my machine because here's what happened:

I took your advice and reviewed the guide. I usually start Edge from the taskbar icon and I wasn't quite sure what you meant by

"a reminder that if you add "--enable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu" to the Edge insider shortcut on the desktop, you will have to launch Edge from that same shortcut again to see the extension toolbar. if you try to launch Edge from the old taskbar shortcut, it won't work" 

Just to make sure I was starting Edge with the correct command line, I used the tile in the start menu to "open file location", made a copy of that shortcut on the desktop, and verified the command line. But even before I tried the new shortcut I restarted Edge using the taskbar icon and wouldn't you know, the extension toolbar was back! What the heck...?

Anyway, problem solved for now.

Lol idk what happened there but it's good its fixed now :=)
if it happens again, just remove all shortcuts from taskbar and start menu and pin them again from the desktop shortcut that has that command.

aaaand...now it stopped working again

ugh

The new update broke it?

Beats me. I sent feedback this time. We'll see what happens

@HotCakeX I finally figured out what's going on but I don't know why...

I use a password manager extension called Roboform. Whenever it updates it opens a new tab to its website at the end of the process. It's at that point that my extensions toolbar gets messed up. I've found that if I disable all extensions, restart Edge, and re-enable all extensions I'm back to a working extensions toolbar.

Which version of Edge is this now? Dev is soon to be upgraded to 82

@HotCakeX Version 81.0.416.6 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

it's a mess on Edge Version 82.0.425.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
very unstable, when I install an extension and then drag that extension icon over the extension button on toolbar, Edge crashes instantly and removes my extension!