Nov 05 2019 05:23 PM
Nov 05 2019 05:23 PM
I have received the update for Edge Beta Version 79.0.309.12 (Official build) beta (64-bit).
I have noticed an issue with the settings for extensions.
When we click on settings under : Settings > Extensions > Details (for extension) > Extension options.
Some of the extensions use little popup window to show settings and I have noticed this issue on few extensions.
See the picture attached for example.
1. The window is too small, we get scroll bar to scroll horizontal and vertical.
2. Also the main window gets scrollbar as well.
3. Close button is also not aligned properly.
If extension is having its dedicated web page for settings, there are no such issues.
Jan 21 2020 11:54 AM - edited Jan 21 2020 11:56 AM
This is one of the very first things I noticed as well after installing a couple of extensions. The content doesn't fit, the double-scrollbar at times, the partially hidden close button... Looks so ugly that I can't believe no-one caught this during development. Even making the popup Extension Options dialog resizable would fix this.
Does the Edge Dev team even read these threads I wonder?
Jul 28 2022 03:18 PM
I FOUND A WORKAROUND !!!!!
In summary: use device emulation and zoom out!
- Open Developers tools (F12)
- Toggle device emulation (by clicking its icon in the upper left corner of the developers tools window).
- Navigate to Dimensions and chose an option that provides an adequate view of the page contents. (Nest Hub Max worked for me, if not for you: adjust manually by entering the prefered dimensions after selecting "Dimensions: Responsive".
- Click once within the borders of that Explorer options window.
- Zoom out by using Ctrl+Scroll or Ctrl+Minus Key. This will let you adjust the page to fit its originally undersized window.
Hope this helps. But indeed Microsoft, fix it!
Jul 28 2022 05:29 PM - edited Jul 28 2022 05:31 PM
Unfortunately, while that (painful) workaround can be used to display the entire Options window, it does not make it possible to change the options in that window, because:
If I'm missing something, please let me know.
Jul 29 2022 01:28 AM - edited Jul 29 2022 01:29 AM
In my experiance (with the Rememberry extension) it DOES work to change the options while having Developers Tools open.