Extension settings window is too small !

Iron Contributor

I have received the update for Edge Beta Version 79.0.309.12 (Official build) beta (64-bit).

I have noticed an issue with the settings for extensions.

When we click on settings under : Settings > Extensions > Details (for extension) > Extension options.

Some of the extensions use little popup window to show settings and I have noticed this issue on few extensions.

See the picture attached for example.

1. The window is too small, we get scroll bar to scroll horizontal and vertical.

2. Also the main window gets scrollbar as well.

3. Close button is also not aligned properly.

If extension is having its dedicated web page for settings, there are no such issues.

11 Replies
Bump. Just checking if MS noticed this issue ?

This is one of the very first things I noticed as well after installing a couple of extensions. The content doesn't fit, the double-scrollbar at times, the partially hidden close button... Looks so ugly that I can't believe no-one caught this during development. Even making the popup Extension Options dialog resizable would fix this.

Does the Edge Dev team even read these threads I wonder?

Very_Small_Extension_Options_Dialog_1.png

Very_Small_Extension_Options_Dialog_2.png

this is indeed a need, please fix it, Edge team
WHY IS THIS STILL NOT FIXED?!

I FOUND A WORKAROUND !!!!!

In summary: use device emulation and zoom out!

- Open Developers tools (F12)

- Toggle device emulation (by clicking its icon in the upper left corner of the developers tools window).

- Navigate to Dimensions and chose an option that provides an adequate view of the page contents. (Nest Hub Max worked for me, if not for you: adjust manually by entering the prefered dimensions after selecting "Dimensions: Responsive".

- Click once within the borders of that Explorer options window.

- Zoom out by using Ctrl+Scroll or Ctrl+Minus Key. This will let you adjust the page to fit its originally undersized window.

As mentioned, the Developer tools can be opened by pressing F12. It can also be opened by pressing the three dots in the upper right corner of Edge, and then More Tools, and then Developer Tools.As mentioned, the Developer tools can be opened by pressing F12. It can also be opened by pressing the three dots in the upper right corner of Edge, and then More Tools, and then Developer Tools.

Hope this helps. But indeed Microsoft, fix it!

@msauaf 

@phil71 

@JNavas 

@krameshk 

@hiren1610 

Unfortunately, while that (painful) workaround can be used to display the entire Options window, it does not make it possible to change the options in that window, because:

• You can't work in the Options window with Developer Tools open.
  • Closing Developer Tools reverts the Options window to its default size.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

In my experiance (with the Rememberry extension) it DOES work to change the options while having Developers Tools open.