Extension installation errors...

Silver Contributor

I keep getting the same error while trying to download and install different extensions from the MS store.  Not all extensions I have installed gave this error, but quite a few.  I've sent several smileys over the past couple days on this problem.   2 of the extensions (Norton safe web and adblocker I already had installed went corrupt and would not repair or reinstall.   This is what I get...

extensions 2.jpg

extensions 3.jpg

Not all the extensions are doing this, but enough of them to know it is not my system/edge settings...

Dennis5mile

10 Replies
Hey,
I just installed 10 random extensions from Microsoft store, they all installed successfully, even those that first download a .crx file.
are you using the latest Edge Canary? Version 78.0.259.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
I believe it's fixed in this version.

@HotCakeX 

Same here on Canary Version 78.0.259.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) and extensions from both the Microsoft Store and Google Chrome Store download and install with no issues. 

Ok, I still can not down load/install this "one" extension.

extensions 2.jpg

Error on bottom in the download bar reads "Couldn't downlaod No File".... 

@HotCakeX I do have the latest version "Version 78.0.259.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)" and Thanks for testing to see if you had any problems, and it does have the .crx ,  and so far what I've done to see if I can find the problem is one by one disable all the 24+ flags I had enabled.  Even with "NO" flags enabled this extension will not install and keeps giving the same error.  I have all 3 Edges, Edge Beta, Edge Dev, Edge Can and only the Edge Beta was I able to install this Extension with several flags enabled and setting tracking protection to strict.  I am not able to install it on Edge Dev nor on Edge Can...  I have sent smileys on this problem..  Will keep trying unless the Team has figured it out already and putting in the fix with todays Can update...

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile 

@Dennis5mile 

You're welcome,

I did install that too now, no problem. adblocker ultimate, on canary latest version.

Annotation 2019-08-29 183135.png

as you can see i have collections there so it can't be beta. 

Version 78.0.259.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

looks like it's only related to your browser. you can either wait it out or delete your user data folder for canary and refresh your browser. you won't lose anything with cloud sync, as for your history you can also back it up manually.

Ok, one slight detour....  How did you get "OneNote"  I see the icon on your toolbar.. :suprised:

Annotation 2019-08-29 183135.png

Inquiring Minds wanna know??

Dennis5mile

@HotCakeX 

Oh that? I got it from here:
https://www.onenote.com/clipper

it's in here too
https://www.onenote.com/apps

Still can not download/install with this latest version of Can Version 78.0.261.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)..   Waiting on response to feedback sent into team...

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile Did you ever get a fix? It's now happening with my Dev install.

nope, I keep trying with every new version of Canary, but it still broke for me...

Dennis5mile
I followed the advice of @HotCakeX and got everything working again. I deleted the "C:\Users\user.name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\" folder and Edge rebuilt it. That cleared up the problem. I can now install any extension and my downloads work properly. Previously I was unable to download files when choose destination was enabled. It would let me choose, but would never actually save anything.