Extension area in menu has too much blank area (can`t send feedback with actual image in the browser

Brass Contributor

屏幕截图(3)_LI.jpg

Feedback Hub cannot get the actual screenshot so I post it here, anyone has the same problem? 

10 Replies

still remains today, weird. I don`t think it works properly.

Ah give me a break. don't make the new Edge a browser with crappy compact UI like Google chrome, everything is too small in it.
your feedback hub app has a problem?

Not need compact icon area but icon area has unsymmetric left/bottom margin space

If the extension icon area has same left/right margin, the question gone.

And when you open a feedback dialog, the menu hides, even use the Alt+Shift+I shortcut. so I can`t feedback any question of browser menu in feedback hub.

@Jason_Han 

Yes they have a margin around each extension icon, also good for touch screens.

Alt+Shift+I launches the new Edge's bug report, but if you want to use the Feedback hub you can try this method, enable this in your settings:

Annotation 2019-08-08 091642.png

then open the right side menu in Edge and press PrntScrn button on keyboard, the menu will stay open and you can take a screenshot of it then manually attach it to your feedback in the Feedback hub app. 

@HotCakeX 

compare.png

Not each icon But the whole area. And when there`s two line of icons, the bottom margin is bigger than one line. I dont`t think that normal.

And I think feedback the Edge Insider Discussions here is better than in feedback hub in Stable Windows10. But I`ll try it, thanks.

@Jason_Han  My menu looks nothing like that.  It doesn't have any of the stuff at the top(or any of the space).  Is there a feature flag I'm missing?

@alex_shelley1130 Simply right click a extension icon on the right of address bar then move it to menu, then you get it.

@Jason_Han 

Wow, Jason, what a lot of extensions! Good they can be somewhere other than (all) on the toolbar?  Geeesh, imagine that, eh?

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg