SOLVED

Everytime I make a new profile, there is a extenstion installed by default

Deleted
Not applicable

You may have seen these banners in Msn.com about recommending you switch to the new edge or get the Bing wallpaper app.

One of these was this enhance your browsing experience app. It basically installed the Bing wallpaper app with the same install process but it installed Microsoft Rewards Extension into the browser.

Now, every time I make a new profile in edge, I get a "!" in my menu that there is a new extension installed, do I allow it or disable it. 

Thank you

Shawn

50 Replies

@Deleted 

Here is the picture of it.

Hi,
Bing wallpaper app never installs on its own, user does it. need to download the .exe, run it.
it can be the one suggesting to install that extension whenever a new profile is created, which can be fine since making a new profile is not done often and there is an option to disable the extension if you want to.

so if you don't want to see it then remove the app you installed, and if you're okay with this prompt you don't have to do anything.
Sorry for the confusion, what I mean is that tone day I saw a banner recommending me to install that enhance program. I installed it and now everytime I make new profile, it asks me that and I dont' want that program anymore and I can't find how to uninstall it.

Bing wallpaper app is the some install process in the app installer.

This was adervertised on MSN
Advertisements on MSN don't mean anything
tone day?

uninstall Bing wallpaper app from control panel or Windows settings, if it fails try to exit it first from taskbar or use task manager to kill the process.

there is also an option to use 3rd party uninstallers but i shouldn't be necessary.
Well, I did install the program so now I am stuck with that extension on every new profile, it isnt' the bing wallpaper app, I was just using that as a refrence.
Well, either reinstall Edge or uninstall Bing wallpapers app.
3rd option is to send feedback and wait till it gets solved.
It isn't the Bing Wallpapers App,

I can't reinstall Edge since it is built in and the only way I can get this fixed is by waiting for it to be updated but I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue and had a workaround.
"It isn't the Bing Wallpapers App,

I can't reinstall Edge since it is built in and the only way I can get this fixed is by waiting for it to be updated but I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue and had a workaround."

i don't see anyone else having that issue, but like i said, asking it once after making a new profile in fine, it's not something user does constantly.
but the answer is simply, even if it's once after making a new profile and you feel it's annoying, you have the option to remove that Bing app.

other people might be seeing the same behavior but are not bothered with it.
"Now, every time I make a new profile in edge, I get a "!" in my menu that there is a new extension installed, do I allow it or disable it. "

Bing wallpaper app is not the only app that does this, there are many 3rd party programs that offer their extensions to be installed on Edge, one of the many categories of those apps are download managers.
Well, this program was installed from msn.com and it wasn't the Bing wallpaper app. It was a enhance to Edge.

It installed Extenstions and I can't find this program. I dont' like that this was advertised by Microsoft on MSN.com and I can't seem to find any trace. Since I reseted edge and deleted the profile, I have no access to the download link but I already send feedback to the Edge team about it and nothing
You can go to Windows settings => apps, sort by install date
you can do the same in control panel

if you can check your web history and share the link to that program with me so i can install it in Windows sandbox and see what it exactly does
Hi Hotcakes, thanks I would be able to find the link but I dont' have it since I had to delete my profile since of a bug. I did send feedback on the download page since I wasnt' sure about that download. I hope someone in teh edge team can help find that. I will try to find it.
Hi HotCakeX,

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftEdge/comments/jt82gw/enhance_your_microsoft_edge_with_recommended/

Here is a thread I finnaly found with the download link to the Edge Enhance program.

I tested it, looks like it's not installing anything, just modifies some settings, it's portable

@Deleted 

no matter how many times i run it, i still get this, that means it's not installed and has no history of its installation, every time you run it is like the first time for this executable 

{8DB665B7-94A9-4217-BA92-7939E83CDAA8}.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted 

{0324DA63-2006-4018-B173-A0E434C254EE}.png

You can stop that prompt once and for all by going to that registry and deleting that entry

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Edge\Extensions

the extension ID is: nlbmdekgjkajiobkcbpolefohlelfhfe

View solution in original post