email

Copper Contributor

if i delete an email it does not return to my email list. I have to select it manually

7 Replies

@cliff1455 

@cliff1455 wrote:

if i delete an email it does not return to my email list. I have to select it manually

Where?

which Email provider?

website address?

when you delete an email it usually goes to trash/trash bin/deleted folder.

@HotCakeX If I'm looking at a junk email on outlook in edge dev,when I delete this email my browser would automatically go back to my junk mail list. Now it doesn't and I have to manually click on the junk mail to go to the list

@cliff1455 

@cliff1455 wrote:

@HotCakeX If I'm looking at a junk email on outlook in edge dev,when I delete this email my browser would automatically go back to my junk mail list. Now it doesn't and I have to manually click on the junk mail to go to the list

I just tested this now on both Edge canary and Firefox,

I marked some emails from my inbox as junk, then went to the Junk list and deleted them one by one, the focus stayed on the junk list, didn't go to inbox or other places.

so when you say "I'm looking at a junk email on Outlook" , which list or folder on Outlook are you referring to? Inbox or the Junk folder?

@HotCakeX im refering to the junk folder.when i open the junk folder.then open an email from the junk folder,then delete that email I am presented with an empty page which was not the case preveiously .when I would delete an open junk email the page would return to my open junk folder where I could select and open another junk email.It seems the latest update to edge dev brought this bug.

@cliff1455 

Spoiler

@cliff1455 wrote:

@HotCakeX im refering to the junk folder.when i open the junk folder.then open an email from the junk folder,then delete that email I am presented with an empty page which was not the case preveiously .when I would delete an open junk email the page would return to my open junk folder where I could select and open another junk email.It seems the latest update to edge dev brought this bug.

It should be a change in Outlook's behavior or your Outlook preferences/settings

I have Edge Canary and Firefox open right now and testing both.

so I added few useless emails to the Junk manually (because it was empty), then like you said opened one of them, used the "delete" button at top left to delete that opened junk email and then I got this screen

hfghgf.png

allowing me to select another junk email to open.

Firefox and Edge have the same behavior.

Here are my Outlook settings:

Spoiler
11.png22.png33.png44.png

try setting your like mine and see if it changes anything.

also clear your browser cache and data: edge://settings/clearBrowserData

@HotCakeX problem solved as I suspected edge dev updated and now its back to the way it should be. Now when I delete a junk e-mail it returns to my email list. :smile:

Oh nice :)