edge

Copper Contributor

I installed stable version of chromium edge from their site.now i have two edge installed and i cannot make the newer one as default

8 Replies
it doesn't look like you have Edge stable installed.
in the screenshot, there is only Internet explorer and the legacy Edge.

try to install it (again) from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/

also which Windows 10 build are you using?

@HotCakeX 

i have edge stable installedReply to Message - Microsoft Tech Community 10-04-2020 12_04_08.png

Hi @_Vee_ 

what happens when you go to edge://settings/defaultBrowser an click on Make default?

It looks like it's not properly registered in your OS that's why I suggested to run the installer once and see if it makes the Edge appear as an option in Windows settings.

which Windows 10 build are you using?

@Neon01

it opens settings 

@_Vee_ 

From the Windows START menu, click on Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Web Browser

Click on whatever appears there and see if your new Edge is an option. This setting is what controls the default browser. If you don't see it there as an option, then the recommendation @HotCakeX made regarding a Edge reinstall would be a good next move.

@_Vee_  Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to our MSFT Edge Insider's community!

What @Neon01 referred to was this page specifically. If the new version of MS Edge isn't recognized as your default browser, then the button in the screenshot will be blue and clickable, giving you the option to change that setting. Are you able to do it from there?

And yes, a fresh reinstall is also always a great troubleshooting step! However, if this persists after that, please let us know and we can try to help do some more digging.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

fawkes_0-1586540462002.png