Edge won't stay in fullscreen

Bronze Contributor

Edge refuses to stay in fullscreen. Hitting f11 will only keep it in fullscreen for a few seconds, and hitting f in YouTube for fullscreen has the same result. Has anyone else had this issue. My laptop specs are: 

cjc2112_0-1600693277548.png

5 Replies

@cjc2112 Thanks for letting us know, and we're sorry to hear that. Which channel and build number is this happening on? And if you haven't yet, can you please submit feedback and diagnostics, so our Perf team can look into this?

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted It seems to be device related. All channels. I've submitted feedback multiple times.

@cjc2112 I tested it on a few more. It is device related. I want to recommend the browser to some of my friends, but i wont if the browser wont go into fullscreen.

I really hope a solution is found soon, because it's really annoying to watch videos without being able to go fullscreen. Here are the specs of our laptops if this helps.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Education
Version10.0.18363 Build 18363
System ManufacturerHP

system model

HP ProBook x360 11 G2 EE
system typex64 based PC
ProscessorIntel Core m3-7y30 CPU @1.00GHz, 1608 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
BIOS Version/DateHP
SMBIOS versionHP P95 Ver. 01.23, 7/23/2018
BIOS ModeUEFI

Good to know, and thanks for the info, @cjc2112! I'll pass this on to our EDU team.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@cjc2112 Did your issue get solved?