Edge Vertical Tab not working in MacOs

Copper Contributor

I am using latest version of MacOs Big Sur (11.2.3).

There seems the vertical tab not working in full screen mode. 

When i am making full screen mode it switch back to horizontal tab mode automatically.

is anyone facing this issue ?

19 Replies
Hi,
this is not an issue/problem since the vertical tabs support for full screen mode simply hasn't been implemented yet.

comment from an Edge developer:
"vertical tabs aren't enabled on any platform in full-screen yet since we're still determining, among other things, the interaction that would make the most sense. "

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/dev-channel-update-to-89-0-774-4-is-live/m-p/2112...

there have been changes to the vertical tabs, this is the most recent one:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/awesome-new-feature-vertical-tabs-now-hide-title-...

Vertical tabs in fullscreen mode were working a few months ago, however they were a bit buggy. In a frustrating update, the feature was entirely disabled in fullscreen mode again and is still fully disabled. I believe the ability to use vertical tabs in full-screen mod was probably a bug before with how they disabled it on Mac, letting you re-enable vertical tabs in full-screen mode when you weren't supposed to be able to in the right-click context menu.

It technically isn't a bug now, but it is something that would be nice to have. Having to keep Edge in a shared/normal desktop instead of being able to fullscreen the application is a frustrating limitation in MacOS, where full-screening an application is the only way to give it a dedicated virtual desktop (a workflow I think is a little easier in Windows).

Has there been any progress on vertical tabs on Mac?

I'm currently on Version 92.0.902.84 (Official Build) (arm64).
And vertical tabs still don't work in fullscreen.

Please support it soon. I need to use vertical tabs on mac fullscreen very very much!

Almost a year later.... any updates?
Any updates? The vertical tab is awesome, any technical block to bring this feature in MacOS?
Is this "reason" still valid in 2023? There´s no solution even in 2023

Seems like Yes, there is no solution Yet for Mac Device, but seems it is there for Windows devices

I still don't understand why this issue hasn't been fixed up until now.
It clearly is a big usability issue on macOS.
Why doesn't Microsoft just disable completely this feature on macOS if they don't plan to do it decently?

I have the same request. It seems MS doesn't care about the customer's request.....

More than two years later and still no vertical tabs in full-screen mode on macOS... This is definitely a problem for many users. Perhaps there are technical hurdles that can't be overcome? Vertical tabs is one of the main features that keep me loyal to Microsoft Edge. If I discover another browser that can achieve this, it might be enough to make me switch. 

@Mike Glenn How hard can it be???

Any progress on this issue? Is MS working on it? It's such a bad experience when switch from Windows with vertical tabs on to MacOS.

any updates?

Still no progress?

Brutal how this feature fails to get implemented. It's one of the key reasons to use Edge, IMHO.

@Michael_Cram It looks like they've finally implemented it!

Yes , at last ....
Thanks.