Edge Version 75.0.127.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) - Changelog?

Iron Contributor

So whats new, Any Changelogs?

11 Replies
yeah, give us changelog man!

Well it definitley crashes frequently. That's new :)

@natelaff What crashes have you seen so far?  I have been throwing all of my browsing chores at it, even webaps for managing Office 365 and Azure, and I have not seen any issues yet.  I will say that I have seen long wait times on certain pages when it says that it is waiting on a socket.  I did find that odd.

@RORWessels Very random and very often. i.e. I clicked the link in the email I got that alerted me to the fact that you replied to this and it crashes. Clicked again, crashes. Happens a lot while scrolling.

Dev is still good, but Canary went wonky.

@natelaff Intersting.  I have been careful with Canary, as it litterally makes us the Canary on the Coal Mine so to speak.  But that's the price you pay to be on the bleeding edge, no pun intended.  I have not installed any extension and the only adjustment I have made to the base settings in the edge://flags panel was to enable to Windows 10 dark mode theme support.

I figure once this has gotten a few more udpates under it's belt I will start to explore other settings, extentions, and the like.

I only just set this as my default web browser.  Maybe that will expose the issues you have seen.  Again, noting like being the Canary in the coal mine.  :)

@RORWessels I'm a software dev so I don't mind. I set Canary as my default browser when this was released Monday so yeah that should do it. Seems to have something to do with scrolling before a page fully loads? I dunno. Can't pin it down.

Never had any crashes. been using Dev and then switched to Canary, it's honestly so stable. im on Insider 20H1 fast ring. uninstalled chrome and now Edge is my main thing using it 24/7
HI @vineydhiman, we are looking into providing the right level of information that we release with each new build. What are you looking for in a changelog?
What is fixed and what new is included.

@Elliot Kirk 

Information such as "Progress made toward fixing bug X" or "Changed Y behaviour on scroll" or "Added initial support for Z events"

Things like that would be helpful to give some direction towards what areas of the browser need testing and bug-ousting.