SOLVED

Edge Transparent Menus are broken!

Copper Contributor

As you can see, the edge menu's are now broken.. when I click anything that drops down a menu from the title bar, in this case, the "Padlock" to show the security cert.. the menu that drops is completely unusable.  I did find another article that talked about Acrylic in Edge Flags, which at least allowed me to see the Favorites from the Menu Bar.. but the rest of the transparency stuff is broken on Edge Version 99.0.1150.36 (Official build) (64-bit)..  As of right now, I can no longer use Edge :(

nproctor74_0-1646696250424.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by nproctor74 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I found the issue, weirdly enough when I switched back to Google Chrome, I ran into the same problem.. I was able to resolve by changing the "Use Hardware acceleration when available" to off.. this returned all of my menus in edge back to visible and normal.. I also had to make that change in Chrome and it resolved that as well..

@nproctor74 - Disabling hardware acceleration also solved my issue. Interestingly, I do not have the problem on my Windows 10 local installation; it only happens on my VMware install.

My Edge version is 99.0.1150.46 (Official build) (64-bit)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nproctor74 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I found the issue, weirdly enough when I switched back to Google Chrome, I ran into the same problem.. I was able to resolve by changing the "Use Hardware acceleration when available" to off.. this returned all of my menus in edge back to visible and normal.. I also had to make that change in Chrome and it resolved that as well..

View solution in original post