Edge tab close x on left

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know why the ability to move the tab close X feature keeps coming and going in Edge?  I think many Mac users would like this (including myself).  It's gone in release  80.0.361.56.  Just wondering if it will ever come back? 

10 Replies
Hi,
could you attach a screenshot or explain more about "move the tab close X feature" ? thanks

tabx.jpg

@HotCakeX 

Thanks for the pic, hmm on Windows it never was placed on the left side, didn't know on Mac it's different

@HotCakeX 

On the Mac it was an option that could be turned on at edge://flags/#edge-collections  The option comes and then disappears with various releases.  On Mac it's more common to have the close X on the left.

Oh, Flags are temporary, they come and go without notice

@dreed47 hi, I'm onVersion 80.0.361.57 (Official build) (64-bit) now and my x to close tabs on the left is gone.

this is outrageous, it was a flag to was working absolutely fine on Mac and fully consistant with the OS standards.

I even logged a feedback request about it to get it on the left by default.

Got a mail back saying my request was being looked into.

Now it's just gone.

This is pretty low.

i want to love this new browser on my Mac but don't take away feature that make it consistent with my base OS gui.

@dreed47 Thanks for reaching out. I asked the mac team about this and will let you know if they have any insights.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deletedis there any updates on this?  It's been many months! 

Any update on this issue?
It would be great to have a toggle option under edge://settings/appearance
We should have the opportunity to do this on Linux as well. Vivaldi can do it easily, Firefox with some difficulty. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge can't.