Edge Sync issue - all Edge versions, both work and personal Microsoft accounts

Copper Contributor

Hello, I'm a ex Microsoft FTE, and reasonably tech literate (though not a developer) but I'm really stuck with an widespread Edge profile sync issue.

I have been using Edge Beta and Main builds with no issues for many months, but now in the last couple of weeks, I can't get any of my devices to setup sync on their profile settings. I have logged all my devices out (2 were still syncing ok until I did this, now they too won't re connect and enable sync)

I have re-set the Microsoft Cloud Profile Data (reported back as successful) but when I look in Sync-internals, I get this message on my home account " Download Step Result: NETWORK_CONNECTION_UNAVAILABLE (ERR_TIMED_OUT)" I have tried different network connections, (my home feeds are all Wifi or Ethernet from a 4G LTE Modem (tried two modems and different 4G networks - normal internet access is fine.

My work account also fails to setup sync, but i get this error: 

GetUpdates Response.  Received error: SERVER_RETURN_TRANSIENT_ERROR. cV=NUqlzb1EsP2KmVGX2Nr4qB.0;server=DB5PEPF000043DB;environment=48F630A6-CB1B-4CC7-86AF-0F6627234B58

Tried Edge Canary as well as all other versions. Basically I'm stuck! ... Help! ..happy to share Sync Internals data files, etc. I really rely on Profile Favourite Sync for work .. and not having the ability to do so is a real issue. As an ex. Microsoft FTE I don't really want to have to revert to Chrome (which is syncing with my Google account working on the same devices and network)

Appreciate your support / ideas. Happy to post sync-internsls info as needed. 

12 Replies
Hi,
have you submitted a feedback through browser feedback button?
there is also this online form for 1 on 1 assist
https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/support

i had a similar issue when i was using the dns QUAD9, who produce many false positive, going back to a unfiltered DNS (or a filtered one who whitelist all edge endpoint) : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-security-endpoints
and all the Hongkong IP, have solved the problem (for me)

for a proper function of windows10/edge i had agressively whitelisted all this domain (and their subdomain)

msedge.net
skype.com a-msedge.net 1drv.com msauth.net msn.com bing.com windows.net windows.com microsoft.com msftncsi.com xboxlive.com live.com windowsupdate.com microsoftonline.com msftconnecttest.com office365.com office.com office.net
@Wittycat 1drv.com is an invalid website, the one that links to OneDrive is 1drv.ms.

@Kam on my adguard home he always call .com not .ms, maybe an update i don't have for now

image.png

I also have [*.]1drv.com on my whitelist of tracking prevention and cookies to keep after browser close.
Thanks HotCakeX yes I have, in discussion with the Edge team currently, having sent logs and screen shots
thank you Macqael, i hoped this was the fix, as i was indeed using the Quad 9999 as my DNS on home network. However I've changed back to Google 8888, and same issue persists, plus i have the same on a work VPN which i think uses different DNS. I will look at the white list you posted above though too, just in case.
I have a similar issue, I get this error message "GetUpdates Response Received error: NETWORK_CONNECTION_UNAVAILABLE (ERR_TIMED_OUT). ", I have this issue just with my personal account but my work account works fine on the same computer.
Still unfortunately the same issue here. Edge Beta Sync is now working on my work account, but still fails with the 'Network connection Error' timeout on my main Outlook.com account. Have 'cleared (reset) sync data and tried to re sync with minimal items selected bit still no luck saldy.