Edge Search improvements

Copper Contributor

This problem applies to all browsers but it is something I hope the new Edge can fix. Perhaps some or all require fixing Chrome.

When we search, sometimes it is impossible to see where the text was found. I assume it exists in text in HTML that is not visisble. It will help to at least get notification that that is the case. An option to ignore (skip/not see) such occurrences would help.

Also, sometimes it is difficult to find the text even if it is visible. It just takes time to find it, visually. It will help if there was an improved way to highlight the text, such as flashing or a box or something. Perhaps that could be a separate button we push when needed.

Finally, and this is a big one, it would sure help if a search were re-applied. You probably know what I mean by that but an example is, if I search for something and then go to another tab and do another search then the search text is still there but I must do something such as go to the search text and add a character then backspace over it to get the search re-applied. 

5 Replies
I think your first and second paragraph applies to how Google indexes their search results and Edge can't have much control over that

@HotCakeX I apologize. What I meant to request is improvement to the searching within  a page, as in what happens when we do a Ctrl-F. Please reread what I said in that context. I am talking about browsers (for all sites), not search engine sites.

Oh sorry,

well there are indications to help you find the highlighted word that you are looking for on a page

the yellow lines on the scrollbar tells me where to look for them

Annotation 2019-11-05 003318.png

And also I can just click on the arrows on the search box to take me to the found items

Annotation 2019-11-05 003337.png

@HotCakeX I know all that. I am saying that sometimes it is not that easy. Hopefully other people will come along with experiences similar to mine. Probably the difference is when there are many colors on the page, not just Black on White.

Yeah true, in that case a flashing effect will help a lot