Edge's built-in translation breaks typography

Copper Contributor

For web pages with code in the body,

BigeYoung_4-1653381801700.png

using Edge's built-in translation will cause all the code to be moved to the end of the paragraph,

BigeYoung_5-1653381828303.png

which cannot be restored even after clicking "Show original".

BigeYoung_6-1653381855546.png

Google Chrome does not have this problem.

BigeYoung_7-1653382361557.png

I have reported this issue several times via Edge "Send feedback" but have not received any response.

16 Replies
Yeah, this definitely seems like a bug. Let me ask our translation team about it.
Is there any progress on this issue?
This was the last obstacle to my migration to edge, and the resolution of this issue is a very good user experience enhancement for developers reading foreign language development documentation.
This problem is still not fixed, at least on the latest android version of edge the problem persists. I like that edge has many innovative functions based on chrome, but this bug makes me have to keep chrome, because I often read the documents written by developers, and this bug will often hinder me. Hope that can be resolved. Thanks!
+1, hard to belive such an obvious bug has not been fixed for so long
Same problem, and still not fixed in 2023.09.12. I think it's a serious bug preventing a large number of developers from using Edge. Has any progress to this problem?
I have the same problem. Still not fixed in Oct 17, 2023
I have the same problem. Still not fixed in Dec 6, 2023
I have the same problem. Still not fixed in Dec 7, edge version 119.0.2151.97(x64)
It is really frustrating that this issue still exists today, making me have to switch to Chrome
MY GITHUB sign in IS CORRECT as follows top box =SNAGGLES / BOTTOM BOX PASSWORD= ALICE/eadie1938 these are CORRECT why is git hub rejecting the SIGN IN ??
the top line KEITH MICHAEL ROPER @RICHARD-EDDIE-tupper700 does not belong to me ??
how can i restore my git hub to SNAGGLES // PASSWORD ALICE/eadie1938 ??
I have the same problem. Still not fixed in Jan 9, 2024
I also have the same problem. Please fix it as soon as possible.
But your script introduces another problem. The browser does not translate the contents of the code tags. When your script turns code elements into span elements, Edge will translate the contents of the span elements. This can be misleading.