Edge Password Manager is not saving password

Iron Contributor

Update 23/10/2020 - After updating to Edge v86 users are reported about the same issue. Microsoft has suggested temporary solution to fix the issue.

You need to visit "edge://settings/clearBrowsingDataOnClose" on this page and make sure, Hosted app data option is not turned on.  This will make sure that you stay logged in everytime you close the browser.

Is weird that from last one week Im saving password for some of the website which I visit frequently and everytime I login my computer and try to access them. Its totally blank.

The worst part is that I have lost all the password stored in the password manager. All my earlier password are gone and I have to reset site password to access them. 

Check Password Manager its totally blank:

vineydhiman_0-1595569456322.png

Reference - https://geekermag.com/microsoft-edge-not-remembering-websites-logins/

3 Replies

@vineydhiman I've got the same issue same as you!!! Now I lost all my saved passwords and have no way to get them back!!! Oh come on! The official team must give some help.

Same here. I am getting tired of having to INstall Giggle chrome and uninstall it every day just to get my passwords back up.

@vineydhiman I have the exact same, but also the Autofill data are disappearing. Every time I shut down. It is an hour-long arduous thing to Install Chrome on my machine and impost all my data from there. but that isn't even good enough for m$ YOU CAN'T IMPORT YOUR AUTOFILL DATA AS IT IS STORED IN A JAVASCRIPT FILE AND THERE IS NO IMPORTING THAT. Why EVEN MAKE THE DATA FILES EXPORTABLE IF YOU DON'T ALLOW IMPORTING?