Edge not working for HSBC Hong Kong business.

Brass Contributor

Since the previous release of Edge, when trying to add the Business Internet Banking site (The personal banking site works) https://www.online-banking.business.hsbc.com.hk/portalserver/logon does not work.
It is a 2 stage process, the first page you put in the UserID, then it goes to a second page where a memorable word (basically password) is input, and also a number generated by a security device (Dongle).
On enter it comes up with this message:

Server Error

An unexpected error has occurred with the server.

Return to login page.
I realise that this is probably down to them doing some special security, but of course being a rather large bank you may want to check with them.
It works fine with the old Edge.
I may be one of only a few people in HK using the new Edge.
Cheers
Charles

2 Replies

@Charles Yeomans Thanks for letting us know! We're sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with that site. If you haven't yet and are able to, can you please submit feedback and diagnostic data through the browser? It'd help our devs identify the problem. And in the meantime, I've looped the team in, and will let you know if they have any insights.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Charles Yeomans To loop back: the team couldn't immediately determine the problem from looking at this post. They said the most helpful thing would be to have a "repro" of the issue through the in-browser feedback, using the steps in the screenshot below. However, they fully understand that given the nature of the website, that might not be something that you're comfortable with. (Our feedback gathering system is very secure and GDPR compliant, but we will always prioritize whatever you're individually comfortable with.)

Thanks,

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Annotation 2020-04-06 1407582.jpg