edge is slow still on stable version but BIG improvements

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone,

I am pretty amazed by what the Edge developer team has done, they had made BIG improvements in performance and stability. However there is one big problem. The bugs. I know it is annoying but I still see that there are a lot of bugs in there. In start-up it is fast, but later it gets slow and buggy. Also, it's graphics. It is moving everything here and there. I have a code i5 and that to 11th gen with intel iris xe graphics! You guys should work on this. Here is the big part. The battery life. It is taking up my whole battery life in 1 hour. You guys really need to fix this one. 
However you guys are doing your best and I get it. So does everybody. But just work on the battery life

Thanks,

1 Reply

@Shaurya12 I confirm this.

I have an Acer Aspire A515-56 (11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz) with 20 GB RAM.

I've had small issues with every Intel Iris Xe driver 27.20 version up to its latest 27.20.100.9466 version (mainly random Autocad crashes, but nothing really serious)

BUT the newest versions of the driver, 30.0.100.xxx and the latest 30.0.101.1069 simply don't work with Microsoft at all. Everything else works ok, including Firefox, BUT Edge, Microsoft 365 (v2019, mainly Outlook, Word and Excel) become extremely laggy, to the point of being unusable. Experimenting with Office apps "Disable hardware acceleration" solves the issue in Edge, Outlook and Excel, but as my Word version does not have that option available for some unknow reason, it can't be fixed.

As said, all other programs, including games, work just well with either driver. This just confirms the issue is a conclict between Iris Xe driver and the way Microsoft implemented hardware acceleration in Edge and Office apps.

Reverting back to driver v27.20.100.9466 solves all the aforementioned issues.