Edge iOS actively requesting location

Iron Contributor
I can't wait to use this browser but it has a major bug. The browser is constantly requesting location services even when not needed. Only solution is deny access. This happens to me in iOS 13.1.1 Iphone XR. I'm not sure yet, but I think this is a behavior also seen in the Bing App, so non of them are usable to me. Any fix for this?
5 Replies
the Edge on Android and IOS is still old, not in the insider channel. you have to figure out which website is forcing Edge to ask permissions. go to the settings and block that website.
it could be also a bug in IOS. I'm using Edge on Android 9 and not seeing location spams.
This is happening on iOS. I’m syncing with insider channels and the app gets updated every 2 weeks, I don’t think that’s the issue. Also the app requests location even with no website opened at all, if the location service is enabled for the app, it request it constantly. None of the other browsers I’ve tried suffer this behavior so I think it’s an internal bug.
I don't know if it's available on IOS but have you tried clearing the app's cache and data?
Unfortunately it’s not available.
Well that's not good, leaves the only option to be uninstall/reinstalling the app