Edge Insider feature request - Pin to Start

Iron Contributor

I see that Pin to Task Bar is available in the More Tools, but I do NOT use the Task Bar at all.  I MUCH prefer the Start Menu, and normall have all our devices set to Tablet Mode w/Full Screen Start.  I want to always be able to pin websites to my Start Menu.

46 Replies

@theodim123 This thread has been going quite a while with no constructive comments by MSFT showing they listen to users.  This makes me wonder if MSFT is driving the bus or if Google is driving and MST just lending their name to the effort.  There was a time when MSFT realized that retail customers lead to corporate sales, but apparently those days are long gone.

@Robert Wade 

Really you can pin Microsoft Edge or any other application to start by just dragging the application from the left to the tiles area or if you are in tablet mode and if you have set start to fullscreen, then you can right-click the application and click pin to start.

The video following shows both these methods:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai_BcIX5VXpWolLDD7D5VPpve8of?e=zd4AgQ

Note: You can only watch this video in windows media player.

@TheShaunSaw We are not talking about pinning applications to start. This is (still) easy. It's about pinning pages or sites opened on Edge, and pinning them with one click.  

Oh... OK. That would be a nice feature.

@HawkeEye So far only few people downloaded Chromium Edge. But now it's coming as a mandatory update with no rolling back, and everyone will get the new Edge, and more people will start noticing.

@theodim123Well 20 years back IE was the dominate browser and now it is being relegated to the likes of Netscape.  When companies and developers stop listening to customers bad things happen, and so has gone MSFT.

A once great customer centric company headed down the path to acquisition or exiting the business.  They will look back and ask "How did this happen?"  One false step at a time is how.

Man, that's a rough solution.  Especially as a replacement for a two-click "pin to start" button.....