Edge Dev - Payment crash

Copper Contributor

Edge - Version 96.0.1028.0.

Every time when trying to pay or change card info - Edge crash.

This is from about a Month.

Card dialog window appear on the screen and then Edge freezes and crash.

Thanks!

14 Replies
I have the same issue. Version 96.0.1032.0

Hey @Nik Nastev and @Benoit Fournier

Sounds like this has been occurring for a while for both of you, can you both confirm your OS and OS Versions? It seems like it's both paying *and* managing payments, can you also walk me through the steps you're taking to manage payment methods and when the crash is occurring there?

Also, can you both visit edge://crashes/ and confirm if these are registering as crashes there? If so, please make sure they're uploaded so the team can take a closer look at what might be causing this. 

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Join us on Twitter, or over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

This is the first time that I experience that.

OS Version is
Édition Windows 10 Entreprise
Version 20H2
Date d'installation ‎2021-‎07-‎26
Version du système d’exploitation 19042.1237
Expérience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

And yes, it was registered as crashes. Occured 6 times in a row. I was completing a transaction and had 15 minutes to do so. It never worked. Had to use Chrome :-(.
Crashes are confirmed and reported - this is what the status in edge://crashes/

OS - Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1237

The problem here is - when Card window appear to fill card info in webpage - Edge crashes, after 10s freeze.
And I can confirm that Edge 94.0.992.38 (Official build) have no problems with Cards - I can use that there. But not in Dev version from a Month.
Thank you both! I flagged this to the team for a closer look at what's going on, and I'll circle back if they need more info to dig in!
I've been getting this consistently for the past few weeks as well. It happens when I click in a credit card field on any web page. The payments selection popup shows, but regardless of whether I try to select one of those payments or even if I try to manually enter payment info into that field (bypassing the popup selection), Edge crashes.

Microsoft Edge 96.0.1032.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
Revision 1e094a13bedb4ff84007b8af84fc92e4ba0277aa
Operating system Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1237)
Yes, same
Same here on any web page Version 96.0.1032.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit). For me the Edge process begins to crash when Card number field gets focus.

Hey folks, update on this! 

The fix for this is available in Canary and should be moving up to Dev this week. If you could update me here when you get the Dev update and confirm if you're still seeing this crash, I'd appreciate it!

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Join us on Twitter, or over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

Updated to latest DEV build today and it is fixed!

Thank You very much!
Best!
Yay! Thanks for reporting back, I'll let the team know!

@Alexandra-R I'm in the beta program running version 22635.2915 ni_release and it's happening to me consistently.  Also reported as crashes in edge.

Same issue. Had problem two weeks ago buying computer on Dell Web site and today on HP web site. Browser crashes whenever the credit card pop up is supposed to come up. In both cases I switched to Chrome and it worked.
Edge Version 121.0.2277.4 (Official build) stable app, beta channel (64-bit)
Running on Windows 11