SOLVED

Edge Dev issue crash removing duplicate favorites Version 87.0.644.4 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

Copper Contributor

Latest Edge Dev has duplicated all my favorites on the favorites bar

So - 

Manage Favorites

Select Favorites Bar

Remove Duplicates

Edge craches and duplicates are not removed

6 Replies
Is your Microsoft account signed into different Edge browsers on the same or different computers?
Oh also in the change log it says:

"Improved favorites deduplication by preventing duplicates from being able to exist to begin with. Note that this only affects any favorites that are synced moving forward, and existing duplicates on devices must still be removed manually. "

that's weird that this version created duplicates though, despite them saying that it's "impossible" for duplicates to exist.

so let me ask again, are you 100% sure that the duplicates didn't exist prior to installing and using Edge Dev version 87.0.644.4 ?

@HotCakeX 

Absolutely, positively, certain those favorites were only appearing once on my Favorites Bar -

Latest Edge Dev was updated and all were duplicated

I had to delete duplicates manually as if I tried auto delete duplicates then Edge Dev just crashed

Thanks for the reply. when I saw that in their change log I thought the duplication problem is gone so I installed the browser that day, now that I hear it's still here It's worrying xD

for me it's been good so far but please send a feedback (if you haven't already) through Edge dev feedback button because It sends additional diagnostic data to them that could help find the source of the problem.

@HotCakeX 

Done feedback

Crashes every time - even if no duplicates

Duplicates not returned after manual delete

best response confirmed by Whoosh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Whoosh 

Issue fixed - no longer crashing on remove duplicates

Version 87.0.654.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Whoosh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Whoosh 

Issue fixed - no longer crashing on remove duplicates

Version 87.0.654.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

View solution in original post