Edge Dev - Collections Sync

Iron Contributor

I've set up some collections on my main test PC and attempted to enable sync on my laptop and work PC, however, none of my collections are syncing properly. I still receive the 'welcome' screen for collections on my other PCs vs actually getting my saved collections.

I've attempted to enable/disable sync to see if that helped but it did not.

6 Replies
Hi,
what is the status of Collections sync in here: edge://sync-internals/
?
a screenshot of that page would be great. also try pressing the "Trigger Getupdates" button.
btw, on both of your machines, you are using Edge dev, right?

@HotCakeX 

Yes all are running the Dev version. Checked sync-internals on the main system with the Collections and it shows sync'd 17 correctly - but none of the other systems show Collection information. I just cleared all data on one of my VM tests and re-initiated sync, so we'll see what happens.

They are probably for some reason failing to get the Collections from Microsoft servers.

@HotCakeX 

Just in case anyone else is having this issue, or sync issues in general, this is what I did to get it to work - 

1) On my main system with the data I wanted to sync, I disabled and cleared data using sync-internals

2) On all other systems I did the same.

3) Main system, enabled sync again and waited until all data was synced across.

4) Other systems, enabled sync and waited.

5) Still noticed that collections was NOT syncing.

6) Disabled just collections sync in profile and waited until everything was finished syncing.

7) Re-enabled collections sync and waited.

8) After a period of time, sync-internals was reporting everything was synced, including collections.

Not sure if this is a bug or if it would have eventually synced, but I've been dealing with this for over 2 weeks so something must be preventing Collections to sync properly to other browsers on different systems.

Even if it's not a bug, it's still a problem, because that much time it is taking to sync is not normal
It's August and this issue still persists. I was going to uninstall and reinstall Edge. Glad I decided to check if Collections sync or not. Some of the steps you mentioned helped me sync them. Thanks! Have given them feedback regarding this.