Edge Dev/Beta : Few issues and a few thoughts

Brass Contributor

Hi all! 

First of all, thanks for an awesome browser! But, to be honest, I still prefer the old Edge. Why? Well, first of all I have some issues to log in to my bank using the Bank ID (Swedish program) on the computer. This works almost flawless in the Dev version, so I just wait a bit more before I start sending in reports in the Beta. 

And now to my complaints in both Beta and Dev. The looks and feel. This is the main reason why I prefer the old Edge. Okay, you're building something new, something Chromium-based, and perhaps you need it to look and feel like Chrome to get back the users from Chrome to Edge… But I don't like it. The personality and the unique feeling of Edge is gone in both B and D, and it feels and looks just like … chrome. 

I miss the Square edges, the Square UI that goes so well with the rest of Windows 10. I really miss the Tab Preview Bar and the "Hoover to show tabs". 

I miss the Show all tabs and the ability to Set all tabs aside. 

I miss the ability to add notes and share a page. 

And still I know, it is a new browser and I am conservative. But, these were some of the feautres that made Edge unique. Now it is just a different skin on Chrome. Litterally. 

I'm sorry Microsoft, but this is not my cup of tea yet. I hope that you can make it more unique in the future.

But, the Beta is stabile, and it is fast at Everything I've been putting it through yet. So you've made a really good job with it so far! Keep it up, you guys rock!

1 Reply
That should be their target to make this new Edge UI as similar as they can to the old Edge, that's what everyone wants, nobody wants a google chrome clone, there are plenty of them already out there. i personally love the old Edge's UI and feel too. the acrylic title bar, the unique features..etc
though the new Edge UI is neither like the old Edge nor like Google chrome's. it's something different entirely on its own. a side by side comparison makes it obvious.

about your bank issue, it's only temporary and as you said it works on Dev and newer versions so all you have to do is wait for beta's turn to get the updates and fixes. that's exactly what makes Canary the most stable version of Edge insider because of quick fixes.