Edge Dev 90 - Cannot manage certificates

Copper Contributor

Posted here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/microsoft-edge-dev-ubuntu-20041-manage/6... but I was advised to post here too.

Problem: I cannot manage certificates on Ubuntu using this release - specifically I cannot import a privately issued client certificate. When opening edge://settings/?search=certificate I get this...

Screenshot from 2021-02-11 15-18-00.png

The link is does not work, so how exactly does one manage [client] certificates in Edge?

Contrast this with behaviour in Chromium Version 88.0.4324.50 (Developer Build) Ubuntu 20.04 (64-bit) where this feature is enabled and allows me to manage my certificate requirements...

chromium-certs.png

System details

$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version:	core-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch:printing-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch:security-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
Release:	20.04
Codename:	focal
$ dpkg --list|grep edge
ii  microsoft-edge-dev                            90.0.782.0-1                                        amd64        The web browser from Microsoft

Any ideas?

--dave

2 Replies

Hey there @bevand10, welcome to the Tech Community forums!

I'm sorry to see you're running in to this issue with managing privately issued certificates. I checked with the team and this is a known issue that they are tracking, unfortunately there isn't a workaround at the moment. Thanks for reporting that you're also experiencing this issue!

-Alex

Hello @Alexandra-R are there maybe any news on that ?