Edge Chromium - Missing bookmarks

Microsoft

I have this weird bug with my bookmarks where the same folder viewed from two different places is missing entries (screengrab attached 1 and 2)

You can see in the first screenshot "Data Catalog" is missing while in the second one "Data Factory" is missing although they both point to the same bookmarks folder. Ive noticed this bug for at least a month or two now and it has shown up in Beta as well as Dev.

Edge version details included: Version 80.0.361.62 (Official build) (64-bit)

grab1.png

grab2.png

  

5 Replies
Hi,
maybe it has something to do with the existing favorite sync issues..
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/top-feedback-summary-for-february-26/td-p/1196881

@Vyas Venugopalan Thanks for reaching out and sharing those screenshots! We'd love to look into this further; if you haven't yet, can you please submit detailed feedback and diagnostics through the browser? This does look familiar, but the logs will help our devs pinpoint exactly what's happening. (I'll be keeping an eye out for it, so you can include "Fawkes" somewhere in your description.)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted Sure thing, I've just dropped the feedback there attaching the logs though I can't include any screenshots as the bookmark tab disappears when I open the feedback window as expected. Ive included a link to this post and my screenshots here and tagged your name in my submission. Let me know if you are unable to find it and I can give it another go.

@Vyas Venugopalan 

@Vyas Venugopalan wrote:

@Deleted Sure thing, I've just dropped the feedback there attaching the logs though I can't include any screenshots as the bookmark tab disappears when I open the feedback window as expected.

Hi, you can bring the Feedback window in Edge using ALT + SHIFT + I shortcuts too, without any mouse clicks to make the bookmark tab disappear

or use Windows button + SHIFT + S to take screenshot in Windows using Snip & Sketch app, again without mouse clicks, and attach it to the feedback in Edge.

@Vyas Venugopalan Thanks! The team found it and will be reviewing your feedback shortly.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge