Edge Chromium issue

Microsoft
This is regarding the stable version of Edge Chromium , i intstalled today but faced some issue.
My Edge bookmarks were missing from the new Edge , i was able to get the bookmarks from the chrome which has personal account id.
Edge chromium was signed in by my another email id (work email account), but my data is merged to the work account from chrome account.
I tried finding the data migration setting , which does not have Edge as option for migration of data.
6 Replies

Hi @vatsalajadia,

I am sorry that you are having these issues.  I would like to better understand what you are experiencing.  When you say:

@vatsalajadia wrote:

Hi Team,

I installed the newer version of Edge today 

Do you mean that you have been using one preview channel, such as Dev or Beta, and you installed a different channel, that you have been using a preview channel and installed our new Stable channel release or that you have been using an Insider channel and it updated?  Understanding whether this is a First Run experience or a synchronization issue will help us determine what happened.  Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk The version is stable and I installed it for first time.

Then , I tried couple of times but same data settings persists.

@vatsalajadia 

Did the stable version install in the correct language for you?

@Tom Heflin 

Yes, language was correct for me.

@vatsalajadia 

Did you try to export that data from the original edge, and then import them into the new chromium based edge? I noticed the same thing happened to me so I did that to get the data over.

I Removed Chrome and then downloaded edge stable version, it took the bookmarks from edge but still tiles under the browser is from chrome.