SOLVED

Edge Canary 97.0.1063.0 Crashes on Startup MacOS 12.0.1 (Monterey)

Brass Contributor

After today's update, Edge Canary build fails to start. Crashes immediately.

[update] re-installed, rebooted etc...no difference...crashes without even opening browser.

Anybody else seeing this?

14 Replies
Yes, same issue here. With French Version ! :(

Experiencing the same issue running Windows 11 (22000.258), I also confirmed I have Edge Canary version 97.0.1063.0 installed.

Hey folks, the team is aware of this crash and is working on getting the fix out! If you could let me know if you're still running into this with today's Canary update, I'd appreciate it.

cc @Michael Brunker @Matthew Erb @Oberth1715 

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

Hi! Just updated to 97.0.1064 on Win 11 build 22489 and I still have the issue
Thanks for the updates folks! The fix is coming but didn't make it into the build for today. Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this.
Yes, downloaded/installed 97.0.1064.0 on Mac and Windows and both fail to load still.
best response confirmed by Michael Brunker (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Alexandra-R  Last update (97.0.1065) fixed the issue for me!

Yes it's ok for me now also ! :) thanks
same for me! Work now! thanks a lot
I can't seem to get 97.0.1065...the download from the Edge Insider portal is still 97.0.1064...how do I get 97.0.1065?
I can download 97.0.1065 for Windows 10/11 and that fixes the problem on Windows however I cannot find that version to download for the MacOS.
Whoohoo! 97.0.1065 just downloaded to my Mac and all working again...and this time I did not have to recreate all my PWAs...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michael Brunker (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Alexandra-R  Last update (97.0.1065) fixed the issue for me!

View solution in original post