SOLVED

Edge Canary 79.0.307.0 Cant sign out or delete profile

Brass Contributor

Latest build. I cannot sign out of my AAD account and I dont have an option to delete the profile. When I click on the edit icon for the profile  the only option is to "edit". If I create a second profile I can delete the second profile but the first profile is stuck.

10 Replies
Hi,
I think you're gonna have to uninstall your browser (choose delete all user data during uninstall) and then reinstall it again.

@jasonsch69 

Hi Jason,

exact same problem here with this Canary build. I got signed-in automatically and can neither sign-out nor delete this profile.

Seems to be a bug, just reported it to Mr. Smiley, hope they'll fix it in the upcoming build.

Didnt work. Curious why you thought it would?
Because that would refresh everything and if something got corrupted by a bug or update then it would be fixed.

@Neon01  Looks like they promoted this bug to the beta version.

Official build as well, I'm wondering how Microsoft is testing it. Such an obvious bug in all versions.

Not yet Final/Stable though, it's in Beta channel now and no new features are going to be added to it, only bug fixes

I also have same issue on Edge Insider, dev branch, v79 and v80...

Other profiles are working fine.

Only Work profile (Azure AD account), I am search for option to remove the profile.

best response confirmed by hkusulja (MVP)
Solution

I have found a workaround to delete user profile in User Data folder.

For automatic / default Work account it is "Default" profile folder on path, so simply delete (or rename it): %localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\Default

(and be careful with correct profile name, you can "test" since i did not find better option)

For me "Personal" profile's data resides in the "User Data\Default" directory. so I'd be careful about that
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by hkusulja (MVP)
Solution

I have found a workaround to delete user profile in User Data folder.

For automatic / default Work account it is "Default" profile folder on path, so simply delete (or rename it): %localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\Default

(and be careful with correct profile name, you can "test" since i did not find better option)

View solution in original post