Edge Beta 83.0.478.13 on Mac and passwords

Iron Contributor

The new Edge Beta (83.0.478.13) does not show the passwords GUI on macOS.  It works just fine in Windows.  It's just a blank page after you click "Passwords" in the "Your profile" page in settings.  I confirmed that the new Edge Dev (v84) has this problem as well.  The stable version of Edge does not exhibit this issue on Mac or Windows.

Anyone else having this problem?

6 Replies

@Richard_Bottiglieri Thanks for reporting this! A couple of questions for you:

1. What is the behavior like if you try this on Canary?
  2. If you haven't yet, can you please submit feedback through the browser, along with a screenshot and diagnostic data?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted, thank you for getting back to me.  I can confirm that the latest Canary build for Mac (version 84.0.493.0) has the same problem.

I have already submitted feedback via the browser, and I did get the email back from Microsoft confirming that the case was submitted.  I also replied on the beta promotion announcement on the MSEdgeDev Twitter feed.

Thanks again.

Rich

@RichardBottiglieri Perfect, thank you! I'll let you know if/when there are any updates.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted, Missy Quarry mentioned on Twitter that the team is having trouble locating my original feedback (submitted through the browser).  Not sure if you found it, but the first sentence is this:

"In the latest Edge Beta build (released today), the passwords page of the edge:settings page is[…]".

The feedback was submitted on 4/22 at about 4:15 pm EST.

Thanks.

Rich

@Richard_Bottiglieri Perfect, thanks Richard!

I was able to confirm with the mac team that not only had they reviewed your feedback, but it'd helped them open a bug for this. :)

Fawkes (they/them)

Great, thank you!