Edge apps and favorites

Copper Contributor

Hi all.

I'm enjoying new Edge. A lot. But some suggestions:

• Would like Apps installed via Edge to sync over devices (a bit annoying to do the thing on each device..)
  • Would like the option to "pin on start" when installing.
  • Maybe I'm one of the few but I have an extensive tree of favorites sorted with folders in folders and all. It would be awesome with the possibillity to colour tag the folders to make it easier to see and find the way, instead of the all pale grey that spreads out over the screen when I'm "hovering out" my tree. With that said favorites works so much better in new Edge.

Not native English so hope it all make sense:)

4 Replies
Great and awesome suggestions.
Hope all of them be implemented

@Pelle1065 Thanks for the suggestions; glad to hear you're liking Edge! A few clarifying questions for you:

1. Would you want the syncing across devices to be tied to a specific account/profile?
  2. Can you describe how pinning to start would be helpful for you?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted 

1. Yes, it makes sence that the syncing is tied to your login. Another idea would be that the installed Edge "apps" shows up in Windows store together with the other apps. Guess thats a bit complicated and also it will not imideatly promote Edge very well. On the other hand if Store would be involved there could be an option to actually share the app(s) for anybody to install..

2. I pin a lot on the Start menu (which I have fully extended), and allthough I can pin an Edge app on Start I need to go through several steps. Would be much more convinient to choose to pin it when installing. Also I would like to be able to uninstall in the same simple maner as with other Store apps.

Thanks for reading:)

@Pelle1065 Great, thank you for the additional details. I've passed this directly on to our Apps and Favorites product teams, and I will let you know if they have any further questions or insights.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge