Edge and Google HangOut Chat

Copper Contributor

Hi,

It seems that Google has made some changes, because yesterday Google's HangOut Chat was working as usual, but now is keeps teelling that I am using not supported browser. Very interesting if chromium is not supported... Any ideas is this just temporary or the usual. 

20 Replies
Thanks for reporting the issue! Are you seeing this issue on Canary or DEV and can you please share your browser version?

@Joon Chang I have noticed this same behavior and I am on the Dev version.

Issues was with DEV version build 75.0.131.0 64bit

@NevalainenFin, we're actively tracking and investigating the issue.  Please stay tuned for more info and thanks again!

@Joon Chang Today tried out the HangOut Meet and seems also been dropped out from the support as well. Use to work earlier. When trying to open HangOut Meet it will get youto the "not supported browser"-page.

Thanks for reporting! We've reached out to Google HangOuts folks to actively address the issue. We'll update you and the Insider community as we make further progress. Thanks again for your engagement and feedback.

@NevalainenFin, Google Hangouts issue should be addressed now.  Can you please give it a try and let me know if it's working for you? 

Tried out @Joon Chang and with Version 75.0.139.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit). It still gives the unsupported browser annoucment.

Thanks for confirming. Can you pls clear out your cache and try again? There might be a delay in Google rolling out the fixes but we've confirmed Hangouts was working earlier. I'll check back and see if you're still blocked tomorrow.

@Joon Chang cleared the cache and did it with "all"-option and the behaviour is the same. I still got the https://chat.google.com/error/browser-not-supported/?ref=/u/0/ page. Maybe there is delay in the rollout. I am using the corporate G Suite HangOut Chat. The old HangOut is working. 

I will try it during the day to see if it is about a delay in rollout.

Thanks for letting me know. Okay, this seems like a Google Meet (not Hangouts) issue and we believe Google will roll out a fix later today. I'll let you know when the Google Meet fix is available and confirmed.

@Joon Chang just to let you know the Google's HangOut Meet started working, but the Chat hasn't.

Thanks for letting us know! We'll be reaching out to Google about the chat issue and will let you know once we have more info to share.

Hi Sir. Edge still not supported browser in Hangouts Chat.

@nins13 tried just a few minutes ago and it's working with me. Version 78.0.276.11 (Official build) beta (64-bit)

@NevalainenFin 

Hangout is not working for me too in Microsoft edge. It is working only internet explorer.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Google HangOut Chat is not working with regular MS Edge @Sampathdear, but if you try the Edge Insider version it is working there. You can download and try the Edge Insider version from here: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/fi-fi/ you have to change the language… this is finnish language version site. Hope this works for you! The MS Edge Chromium version is coming to everyone in January 2020 if I have understanded correctly.