Edge and Chrome startup speed

Deleted
Not applicable

LazieWouters_0-1605711346181.jpeg

The new Chrome build (87.0.4280.66 ) is really quick to open. Much faster than any version of Edge, not that I care much about it. However, at least on my PC, the CPU consumption is horrible, always high.

LazieWouters_0-1605711816382.png

31 Replies

@Deleted 

What are you talking about, edge opens up almost instantly, Chrome just scks!
Edge Version 88.0.702.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
Windows 10 latest 20H2

Startup boost enabled

hussain5416__0-1605759579163.png

@hussain5416 and @HotCakeX 

At least in my notebook the new version of Chrome (87.0.4280.66 ) opens faster than any Edge version, even with Startup Boost enabled... I don't have how to measure and prove this... 

@Wittycat 

Spoiler

@Wittycat wrote:
i have something similar, (but Ryzen 2700X for CPU, and Edge Obliterate completely chrome, in therme of speed and consumption).
Just the domain who are blocked (DNS or Extension) who wait for timeout and let the load icon turn event if the page is loaded let think it slower but when we use bench tool and extension to mesure load time it's definitely loaded before chrome.

Ryzen is great, the 3000 series is a lot better than the best Intel CPU. AMD completely ruined Intel and Nvidia with Ryzen 3000 and Radeon 6800 series. my next CPU definitely is going to be AMD.

DNS blocking is easy to circumvent. if you use proxy, VPN, TOR etc, they all bypass the Windows hosts file.

@Deleted 

Well you can at least tell us your hardware specs :)

@HotCakeX 

OK, Chrome has a little advantage here, almost insignificant ...

- Intel i7 7700HQ

- 16 GB RAM 2400Mhz

- GeForce GTX 1050TI

- SSD NVMe M2 960 EVO

That's decent hardware
@HotCakeX I know, it's like, Chrome is superior to the other browsers.
Actually i use DNS locking with Nextdns (who lock VPN, proxy and tor), and with my router i lock bypass by blocking ip of most used DNS,proxy,vpn

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:
@HotCakeXI know, it's like, Chrome is superior to the other browsers.

I don't think so

@Kam 

Spoiler
Chrome is superior to the other browsers.

I hate chrome, It's just too white, too round, doesn't match with windows UI, UI looks like from 90s, horrible scrolling, settings page looks trash, feels so fckn slow etc etc, 

Although I would admit Android chrome is much better than Android edge, Its a shame that Android edge is not even closer to chrome android.

it hurts to see Edge android still using Chromium 77, while on desktop it's Chromium 87. 10 freaking version difference!
@hussain5416 Me too, I feel the same.